Preparing for SUsie! Project - Top Tips!
- Ensure that women volunteering to train as Mentors have recovered and moved on from their own experiences of domestic abuse
- Ensure that training provided for mentors is arranged to take account of child care and other issues
- Provide regular supervision for mentors, one to one and group supervision
- Ensure mentors understand the importance of following policies & procedures, particularly in relation to safeguarding issues
- Be clear with learners that they can withdraw at any point in the process and that they can be asked to withdraw if the project team consider that they are not ready
- Celebrate successes!